FRIENDS OF ROCKY GLEN
An Illinois not-for-profit corporation
2422 W. Moss, West Peoria, IL. 61604 309/676-5237
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information: Dave Pittman, 309/676-5237 or cell: 309/573-2354
The Farmington Road Entertainment District and the Friends of Rocky Glen are sponsoring FAMILY FUN DAY on Saturday, June 22, from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm at seven business locations along Farmington Road in Peoria and West Peoria.
The event includes:
- A variety of items including games, food and soda, all for one $2 ticket.
- Free guided 2-hour hikes to Rocky Glen, the area’s newest public park.
- A 50-50 raffle to benefit the Friends of Rocky Glen.
Participating businesses will be linked by a shuttle service with a $2 ticket good for the whole day that includes games, food and soda. A separate free shuttle providing the hikes to Rocky Glen will originate and return to Jimmy’s Bar, 2801 W. Farmington Road. Other events:
- Kartville will offer 18 holes of miniature golf.
- Kenny’s West Side Pub will give away a free game of pool, free soda and an order of their West Side pretzels.
- Dave’s Billiards will offer a free game of pool.
- Crusens and Cam’s will offer various free games such as darts, pool and bag toss.
- Jimmy’s Bar will offer a free hot dog and soda after 12:00 pm.
- Sky Harbor Steakhouse will host a Family Bag Toss Tourney with cash prizes for the winners, and non-cash prizes. Registration begins at 10:00 am and the bags fly at 1:00 pm. The cost is $25 per team.
The Farmington Road Entertainment District is an organization of businesses from Main Street to Kickapoo Creek Road within Peoria and West Peoria striving to provide high quality entertainment for the community.
The Friends of Rocky Glen (FORG), is a non-profit group dedicated to the preservation and promotion of a 70 acre natural area that includes a box canyon with 80 foot sandstone walls covered with carvings, seasonal waterfalls, rare plant communities and a history of coal mining and early labor union organizing efforts in Peoria. Fundraising is focused on providing funds to build a parking lot near the Rocky Glen trailhead.
News media coverage is welcome.