Rocky Glen Calendar:
- Celebration! Save the date for a special Rocky Glen celebration on October 20th, 2018!
- Rocky Glen Restoration Work Days: Meet at Rocky Glen Park parking lot between Farmington Road and Airport Road. Please arrive before 9:00 am. Workday may involve significant physical exercise including brush cutting and removal.
- Sunday, July 15th, 9:00 AM to Noon
- Sunday, August 12th, 9:00 AM to Noon
- Sunday, September 9th, 9:00 AM to Noon
- Sunday, October 7th, 9:00 AM to Noon
- Sunday, November 4th, 9:00 AM to Noon
- Sunday, December 2nd, 9:00 AM to Noon
Horseshoe Bottoms Calendar:
- Horseshoe Bottoms Fundraiser – Mother’s Day Native Plant Sale. Our first fundraiser is an outdoor plant sale for Mother’s Day Weekend, May 12 & 13, 2018, to be in the parking lot of Haddad’s Grocery in West Peoria from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm both days. We will be selling native plants grown from seed and native seed packets to help pay for the funding of the Land Management Plan.
- Horseshoe Bottoms Monthly Hikes. Meet at the SW corner of Madison Park, ten minutes before 9:00 am. Bring water and dress for the weather. There are no bathroom facilities.
- August 4th, 9:00 AM to Noon
- September 1st, 9:00 AM to Noon
- October 6th, 9:00 AM to Noon
- November 3rd, 9:00 AM to Noon
- December 1st, 9:00 AM to Noon
- Horseshoe Bottoms Restoration work days. Tools, water, and gloves are provided. Wear sturdy shoes and dress for the weather. Meet at a different location from the Hikes. Go to the ST Mary’s Cemetery entrance into Horseshoe Bottoms from Sterling Avenue. Drive to the bottom and the far end of the cemetery. Park on the asphalt and follow the signs to the New Prairie work site. Most Workdays are 2 – 4 hours long but time may vary. Please call or text ahead to confirm, Dave Pittman at 309-573-2354.
- July 16th, 9:00 AM to Noon
- Aug 11th, 9:00 AM to Noon
- Aug 13th, 9:00 AM to Noon
- Sept 8th, 9:00 AM to Noon
- Sept 10th, 9:00 AM to Noon
- Oct 8th, 9:00 AM to Noon
- Nov 5th, 9:00 AM to Noon
- Dec 3rd, 9:00 AM to Noon